The cart is empty
Servings: Makes 1 loaf | Prep time: 30 minutes
Olive Oil Banana Bread
Using olive oil to make sweets may seem counterintuitive, but it doesn’t just belong in salads and savories, it makes great cakes too, good news for those who either don’t tolerate dairy well or who are simply trying to cut down on saturated fats. This dense, moist cake is intensely banana-y. For the best results use really ripe bananas. Their sugars will add to the cake’s overall sweetness, not to mention its delicious taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan, set aside.
2. In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate medium bowl mix the olive oil, eggs, mashed banana, Greek yogurt, and vanilla until well blended.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mixture. Stir together with a wooden spoon.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a rack, for 20 minutes then remove from pan.
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
In my house, when bananas get too ripe, I peel and freeze them. Frozen bananas can be used straight from the freezer to thicken and sweeten smoothies, or slowly thawed in the fridge to use in baking and desserts.